Here we give you 10 Handy Deuces Wild Tips that are essential to keep in mind when playing Deuces Wild
by Randy L Ray the Slot Machine Fan
These video poker Deuces Wild Tips are for those of us who hate studying tables. That kind of data just doesn’t stick in the minds of certain people. I don’t like the idea of looking at video poker charts and graphs. I want to understand the reason behind a play, instead of knowing the right play to make.
So if you prefer shortcuts to learning how to play Deuces Wild video poker, or you prefer knowing the thought process behind those shortcuts, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Some of the deuces wild tips are simple common poker sense, while others seem to fly in the face of common sense. But if you keep these tips in mind the next time you play Deuces Wild online or in your favorite land-based casino, you’ll play better and extract more money from the casino.
Ten video poker deuces wild tips
- Hold any and all deuces you receive. This may seem elementary, but I would be remiss if I didn’t say it. Deuces are wild, so they always give you a better chance to make a hand and make some money. Even when you are holding a one-deuce wild royal flush, keep it instead of drawing for the natural royal flush.
- The only single card you hold is a deuce. You never hold any other single card. If you discard four, discard five.
- If four-of-a-kind pays more than a full house, do not hold when you’re dealt two pair. If you will notice on the payout chart, two pair doesn’t even get paid. That’s because the deuces make it so easy to make a pair. If you get two pair, hold one and hope for the deuces to give you a bigger hand. But if you are playing a deuces wild machine that pays the same for a full house as for four of a kind, then hold both pairs, there remain 8 cards in the deck that could give you a full house.
- Do not hold high cards. Single jacks, queens, kings and aces won’t do you much good. It is better to discard them all and play for a better draw the second time around.
- Never hold a high kicker. These cards never help your odds. In fact, they hurt your odds of hitting a really big hand.
- Draw to an inside straight possibility. With four wildcards thrown into the deck, the chances of hitting the straight more than double. The chances should be something like 8 out of 47, or just over 17%. You’ll get 2 to 1 odds on the wager, so you can calculate pot odds at around 30% negative expectation. That sounds horrible, but since all you have is an inside straight draw, it’s easily your best chance of making your money back if you have a straight draw. It offers slightly better odds than a five-card redraw, which is your only other rational option.
- A pair is always better to hold than a four-card straight or flush possibility. If you have a choice of the two, keep the pair.
- Hold any 5 of a Kind you have. Take this advice regardless of how many or how few deuces are among the five. You get paid 15 to 1 and that’s too healthy a payoff to risk foregoing it for some bigger payoff.
- Never, ever, ever discard any part of a hand of Royal Flush, no matter how it got built.
- Do not be afraid to throw away all five cards. When you learn the game, the wildcards make it much better to throw away all five lukewarm cards for the chance at a couple of deuces. Some players never throw away all five cards, but much of the time in Deuces Wild Video Poker that is absolutely the right play.
If you don’t like studying the Deuces Wild strategy charts, these video poker deuces wild tips should help you.
Let me finish with one final deuces wild tip.
Remember, it’s just you and the machine. So take your time when playing Deuces Wild. It’s natural to get into the flow of the game and forget the right moves to make. Part of the fun is in figuring out how to beat the game. So take an extra moment, go through your Deuces Wild logic and savor the experience of defeating the game.